Fans can catch another opportunity to experience IMSA endurance racing at Michelin Raceway this year, as the race track will now host a six-hour WeatherTech Championship race over Labor Day weekend, September 4th through 6th!
The weekend will showcase the six-hour WeatherTech Championship race, as well as additional races from three feature series: the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge with a four-hour race, and doubleheader races for both the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA by Yokohama and Lamborghini Super Trofeo North America.
Tickets and camping packages for this event will go on sale to the public at noon on Monday, Aug. 3. Tickets can be purchased at https://tickets.roadatlanta.com
An all-new Chevrolet Corvette C8 will serve as the Official Pace Car for the TireRack.com Grand Prix at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, and will lead the entire field of IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship competitors as they take the green flag on this six-hour endurance race. The new mid-engine Corvette is like none other, and fans can also catch both the No. 3 and 4 Corvette Racing C8s as they battle for the top step of the GTLM podium.
VP Racing Stay Frosty Coolants 240
The IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge race set for Sunday, Sept. 6 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta has been named the VP Racing Stay Frosty Coolants 240, track officials announced today. This four-hour sports car race is part of Michelin Endurance Challenge Weekend, which begins Friday, Sept. 4.
The Michelin Endurance Challenge Weekend is comprised of six races across four different IMSA series and will close with the newly named VP Racing Stay Frosty Coolants 240, showcasing the GS and TCR classes of the Michelin Pilot Challenge series, as the weekend finale.
Tickets and camping packages for this event are on sale now, with prices starting at just $50. We’ll see you here over Labor Day weekend for a bonus weekend of thrilling IMSA competition!
- All guests will be required to bring and wear face coverings when interacting with those outside of your group
- Each guest will be screened prior to entering the event gates; initial screening will include questions regarding current health status and potential exposure, as well as a non-contact temperature check
- Strict adherence to the CDC-recommended 6’ social distancing will be mandated onsite
- Individual bottles of hand sanitizer will be provided to guests upon entry
- Multiple handwashing and hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the operating areas
- A “Clean Team” of staff will be cleaning and disinfecting restrooms and other public areas throughout the weekend
- Both the main paddock and Tower Paddock are off-limits to guests. Only series staff, teams and competitors are allowed access
- No autograph sessions or public gridwalk will be available
- No shuttles will be available - all infield parking is free